Pages

26 Mar 2010

sleepy thought

"GO YE AND CAUSE MAYHEM"... the title of a Youtube video that had me laughing, confused, frustrated and thinking.

So at the end of a long day, feeling bored and tired,in an attempt to entertain myself as i eat my laxoox, i click on youtube. now my hands aimlessly type in Somalia, and the results are as expected
the words "AL-SHABAAB, CIVIL WAR , PIRATES and FIGHTERS" play over my screen. As i scroll down, this video catches my attention, double-click, and its loading . few minutes later here i am, sleepy, skeptic, and a little more repulsive to Kenyans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxXyai80BFQ

now this is a video by a so-called "NTV Kenya; a Kenyan premier TV station for news and general programming", Whats amazing about it is ..HOW ON EARTH WHERE THEY ABLE TO GET HOLD OF SUCH NEWS ??. I've watched the video twice, and there was not one second of that video that clearly showed AK-47's being given off as prizes .
and why would a 100+ residents attend such a ceremony??, some regions of Somalia may be in war but that does not mean the public are approving of little boys running around with guns and grenades, shooting and killing innocent civilians!!!...not only is it absurd, it is unbelievably frustrating how such a story is fragmented to make Somalis look bad.

now thats not the worst of it , as i scroll down to read the comments , this is the response of a person to some one who said
" I want to go to Somalia and form my own country... Who is with me?"


THE UGLY REPLY :

"@tomrichardson83 yeh....then go live live
there.....and try to avoid genocide, aids,
rape, and starvation....then tell me you still wanna live there asshole"


its funny how everyone just assumes we have aids and starvation and all kinds of horrible problems. he might be right about genocide, but rape??.
of course there is that occasional incident that has everyone shocked and in disbelieve . but AIDS AND RAPE ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST OF OUR INTERNAL ISSUES!!!!...



but sadly that seems to be the impression the world has created about a country that was once known as "PARADISE IN AFRICA".


....too sleepy to type, the words of a friend pop in my head

"I've got sunshine in a bag, no wait its piss"..

final words : zzzzZZZZZZZzzzzz lo0olzzz

1 comment:

  1. " I want to go to Somalia and form my own country... Who is with me?"

    i love that kind of thinking really, but u know what drives me crazy ?? it's very easy to make a group and fight and create war in somalia and these young guys get the perfect stimulation and supports, they still using force to solve ever thing out and some of them use the Islamic religion with alot of twisted ideas
    this wont last for ever i believe in that , they will get better like they where before all what the need to do is to stick together


    i never doubt in somali ppl intelligence , i've been there and saw a lot of great possibilities

    we should not reject their enervation we should take it and work it out

    and about Aids and rape well that's a lie Somalia is Aids free area


    anyways thnx for the post it was nice reading it

    ReplyDelete